Premier Western Colorado Hunting Outfitters
PLEASE NOTE This information is subject to change serves as a general guideline only regarding our hunts. We have several hunting and pricing options available for most of our camps, and our flexibility means we can create a hunt that will work for you. Please contact us and we will be glad to discuss the exact details of each hunt, or we can put together a custom hunt for you.
Please Be Advised! As of January 1, 2007 a separate $200 reservation fee is required to lock in your package price and to ensure you a roll-over package in the event you do not draw a license in the year you reserve your hunt and you have to roll over into another year. Specific camps cannot be guaranteed to roll over year to year unless it is open at the time you need to re-book. If your hunt is reserved during the current year and you are successful in obtaining your license, the $200 will be applied to your deposit. Please be aware that we operate on a ‘first-come-first-serve basis’ and reservations will be applied by post mark dates.
- We are not a fenced in operation!
- All our game is wild and unpredictable.
- We cannot guarantee your success in taking an animal – this is hunting.
- Guided hunts give you the optimum advantage and a much higher opportunity for success over unguided hunts, we realized these are tough economic times and we try to keep our prices competitive and affordable.
- Sorry, many of you have asked, but we do not discount our hunts unless we are running a show special. Payment plans are available, please inquire.
- We recommend a form of guided service if you are unfamiliar with our high country or if this is your first high country elk hunt.
- On average, it takes an unguided hunter more than 6 years to harvest an elk.
- Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee a kill for you.
- We estimate your chances of success based on your physical condition, past season harvests, CDOW information and statistics and current trends in wildlife habitat and movement.
- We do guarantee that we will do our best to keep you safe, show you game, put you in the best situation we can offer for you and make this a hunt that you will want to come back to.
Our Goal is to be the outfitter you can trust to provide the hunt you expect with the information given, when you book with us. Please don’t hesitate to ask questions.
Basic Hunt Package Information
All traditional hunts include 5 full days of hunting, a total of 7 days including pack in and pack out days. Extra days are available for the extended length seasons. You can also make arrangements with us to pack in to your drop camp early so you will have time to acclimate and get acquainted with your hunting area before opening morning. Sorry, we cannot offer the early arrival option for second rifle season. All hunt packages include your food, game retrieval, pack in and out services, fully equipped camp and any information available to us to help make your hunt successful. We assist you with licensing – either through application or land owner vouchers. If you are flying, we do offer airport transportation. You can also ground ship your gear to us early if you wish to alleviate any travel problems. If you need special arrangements, please don’t hesitate to discuss this with us. Any package can be upgraded for additional fee. We require a minimum of two people in a drop camp and you can have as many as you like in camp with you. We do not mix clients in our drop camps. These are your personal camps built to suit your needs. One person of the minimum required can be a non-hunter. Non-hunter fee is $1,000.
Prices are per person. $200 non-refundable deposit to book hunt.
All hunting packages include your food (optional), game retrieval, 5 full days of hunting with additional two days for arrival and departure. Additional days can be added, drop camp days $150 per day split amongst the camp party. Additional guided days $450 per guide. Guide/client ratio can be upgraded for additional $1,000 per person upgrading.
Extra fees at your option:
- Airport pickup fee (Montrose/Cimarron or Gunnison/Lake City airports) $150 per vehicle
- Additional drop camp hunt days $100 per camp
- Additional guided hunt days $400 per day
- Liquor, soda pop or special food items at your request – reimbursement for purchases we make for you.
- Upgrade your guide service from a 2:1 to a 1:1 for $1,000
- Upgrade your guided pack-in hunt accommodations to a private camp (call or email for details about this upgrade)
- Trophy timberline buck hunts or bull elk $1,500 per day, guide service 1:1
Outdoor Vacation Rates
Trail Rides, Pack Trips, and Fishing in the Powderhorn Wilderness or the Big Cimarron country will provide your with endless photographs and memories. Experience the splendor of the first wildflowers of summer, or catch a glimpse of a fawn nestled in the forest vegetation. Lose yourself in the awesome beauty of the changing colors of the Aspen in the early fall. Stay at the Coffeepot High Country Base Camp on the Cimarron and enjoy daily fishing and trail riding. Whatever your desire you will surely find it in Western Colorado’s finest high country.
Trips are scheduled every other week, beginning Memorial Day Weekend through August 25. Cost will be based on length of trip and number of people in the party. Limit of 8 guests to a group. Typical packages are 4-days and 4-nights.
Prices begin at $250 per person per day/night.
All packages include wonderful family-style meals, camping gear, fully-equipped tents and a horse suited to you. You will need to purchase your fishing license. All pack trips will be conducted in the Gunnison and Uncompahgre National Forests and BLM area.
|By the Hour||$15 per person|
|Half-day||$50 per person|
|Daily Rides (includes lunch)||$85 per person|
|By the Day||$75 per person|
Includes a sack lunch. We take you horseback into some great fishing streams and high country lakes where the fish are just waiting for you. Enjoy a sack lunch in the high country. This is a very relaxing and enjoyable time if you like horses and fish. Or you can choose to simply “kick back” and fish in our private pond stocked with Rainbow Trout while looking forward to an afternoon barbeque.
|Overnight||$250 per person|
Includes 2 sack lunches, one supper and one breakfast. Travel by horse into the higher elevations of the mountains where you can fish to your heart’s content while your guide sets camp for the evening and prepares supper over a campfire. Wake in the morning to the aroma of cowboy coffee, bacon, eggs and pancakes.
Corporate & Family Retreats
Stay in cabins provided by us and go fishing and horseback riding during the day. Or be adventurous and plan a pack trip with all the trimmings. Design your own retreat package.
Let us put together a package for you and friends and/or family.